That got your attention, didn’t it? 🙂 Stay tuned!
My online running group (The Turtles) did a Secret Bunny gift exchange. I received mine in the mail on Saturday from Kate! Check out everything she sent me.
I love everything! Thank you, Kate! 🙂
Sunday morning started with a toasted Deli Flat, peanut butter and sliced banana along with some coffee.
I made one for Dane, too. I told him he had the perfect amount of fuel to walk to the bridge with me. Not so much. I didn’t have to go alone, though. I recruited my sister. We arrived at the bridge, where we normally turn around. I asked her if she wanted to go over and she quickly said, “no.” After thinking about it for a minute she said, “We can go over if you want.” 🙂 So, of course we did. When we got to the other side, she had to pee because
her bladder is the size of a pea she drank a lot of water before we left. There were some bathrooms in a park that I had never seen close up before. The first thing I saw was this.
It was a beautiful morning, not too hot and not too cold. We ended up with just over 6 miles!
When I got home, Dane had just finished making turkey burgers for the week. (I like to crumble them over a salad for lunch) They looked and smelled delicious, so we each had one for lunch along with some sweet potato fries.
Since I was already sweaty and gross, we decided to wash my car and his truck. My car looks so much better!
When we came back inside, I was craving something sweet. I had the Grab the Gold bar that Kate sent me.
Dane thought it was a little heavy, but I really liked the texture and the sweetness. One of these puppies has 11 grams of protein!
Remember how Dane got me a new mixer for Christmas? Well, now he expects me to make cookies for him. I know, right? When we were at Publix yesterday, I picked up some chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and shredded coconut. I had no idea what I was going to do with them at the time. Today, I came across a recipe for Coconut, Butterscotch & Chocolate Chip cookies. They smelled amazing when they were baking and Dane said they were good. Ok fine, I tried one, too. 🙂
Coconut, Butterscotch & Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- With a wooden spoon, add the dry ingredients and stir just until incorporated.
- Stir in the butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, and coconut.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing the cookies 2″ apart.
- Bake the cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until lightly browned, about 10-13 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
This guy does not like the idea of us being home all day on the weekends. We’re completely messing with his sleep schedule. By mid afternoon, he can hardly keep his eyes open.
For dinner, Dane made a pork tenderloin on the grill.
And some roasted broccoli.
We split a sweet potato.
One of the things I said I was going to do on Friday was plan my meals and workouts for the week. So, here ya go.
Meals for the week
Monday – Salad with pan seared tilapia
Tuesday – Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders w/sweet potato fries and a veggie
Wednesday – Turkey Bolognese Sauce over whole wheat pasta
Thursday – I have a race and Dane has a softball game.
Friday – Out to dinner.
Workouts for the week
Monday – A.M. – W2D1 of EI5k
Monday – P.M. – Kickboxing
Tuesday – A.M. – W2D2 of EI5k
Wednesday – A.M. – W2D3 of EI5k
Wednesday – P.M. – Kickboxing
Thursday – A.M. – Elliptical
Thursday – P.M. – Corporate Run 5k with fellow employees.
Friday – P.M. – W3D1 of EI5k
I hope you have a wonderful week!
P.S. – I’ve been experimenting with Picasa, so please excuse the different borders and text colors. 🙂