One of the things I crave the most is pizza. Being from Chicago, I grew up eating a lot of it! When my eating habits were WAY out of control, I would sit down and eat a whole frozen pizza by myself. A Classic Pepperoni Totino’s pizza has 370 calories and 20 grams of fat..and that’s for HALF of the pizza. Yep, I ate the whole thing and that was just one meal. When I saw this recipe on Nosh My Way, I knew I had to try it.
Ingredients – My changes in red.
- 1 Pillsbury thin crust pizza dough – I used Publix pizza dough.
- 34 Hormel brand turkey pepperoni
- 1/3 cup Contadina pizza sauce – I used some spaghetti sauce and added some fresh onions, mushrooms and green peppers.
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350
8PP for 2 slices. Makes 8 slices.
It was delicious! Dane really liked it, too. We’ll definitely be making this again. Thank you, Marlene for a great recipe!
In case you’re wondering if I stuck to my plan for lunch…I did!! 🙂 I had the salad with the dressing on the side (and used very little of it) along with 1 bowl of the Pasta e Fagioli soup and I did have 1 breadstick. 😉 I was completely satisfied and everyone else looked stuffed!
The weekend flew by as always and it’s already Sunday night. I have my veggies chopped for my morning omelette’s, my lunch and snacks packed for tomorrow and my gym clothes laid out. Ready to make this another great week!
Goals for the week
- At least 30 minutes of activity every day.
- 100 oz. of water every day.
- Plank every day and work on improving time.
- Track everything.
- Don’t use any WP’s (weekly points).
- Don’t go on a chocolate binge (TOM this week)
P.S. If you’re wondering who this Dane character is that I always talk about, I added a picture of us to my About page. 🙂