I didn’t take anything out for dinner this morning, so I decided I would look for a recipe during the day and stop at the store on the way home. I chose Weight Watchers Marsala-Style Chicken for 7PP.
1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), halves
1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp olive oil
3/4 cup(s) fat-free chicken broth, reduced-sodium
1/3 cup(s) red wine, dry Marsala
2 tsp cornstarch
2 tsp thyme, fresh, chopped
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 spray(s) cooking spray
8 oz fresh mushroom(s), sliced
1 Tbsp light butter
1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1⁄4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Combine broth and next 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Add mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add broth mixture; bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Stir in butter. Spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 4 ounces chicken and 1⁄3 cup sauce).
This was very easy to make and very flavorful. I thought it was very good and Dane said he would definitely have it again. 🙂 I served it over whole grain egg noodles along with a small salad.
1/4 cup plain green yogurt – 1PP
2 tbsp frozen berries – 0PP
1/4 Back to Nature Chocolate Delight granola – 3PP
1 Multigrain pita – 4PP
2 tbsp roasted red pepper hummus – 2PP
Leftover turkey chili (it’s finally gone) – 5PP
Banana – 0PP
1 light string cheese – 1PP
WW Marsala-Style Chicken – 7PP
2 oz whole grain pasta – 5PP
1 cup romaine lettuce – 0PP
2 tbsp cucumber – 0PP
2 tbsp green pepper – 0PP
2 tbsp carrots – 0PP
2 tbsp light italian dressing – 1PP
1 tbsp french’s fried onions – 1PP
Total = 26PP + 4WP
I’m off to do laundry and work on Christmas cards. I’ll be at the gym bright and early for W1D2 of C25K.