It was so nice having 4 days off! Dane’s parent’s left early this morning to head back to North Carolina.  His mom is a teacher and the kids are back in school tomorrow.  We had a really nice visit with them.

They arrived around 12:15am on Wednesday night and I actually stayed awake to greet them!  They didn’t want to go right to bed since they had just been in the car for 10 hours, so we stood in the kitchen and talked while Dane’s mom tore the bread she was using for stuffing into tiny pieces.  She instantly commented on all of the things we’ve added to the kitchen since I moved in.  I think she was pleased.  🙂

On Thursday (Thanksgiving), we woke up early to prep the turkey and get it in the oven.  We discovered it was still slightly frozen, so it sat under running water for a short time.  I was surprised it was frozen considering it had been in the refrigerator since Saturday!

For the big feast, Dane’s grandma, his Great Aunt and Great Uncle joined us as well.  We had SO much food.  We wanted leftovers, but not as many as we ended up with.  Dane’s mom made  turkey soup with some of it.

Along with this delicious turkey we had, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, homemade gravy, homemade cranberry, waldorf salad and rolls.  For dessert we had pumpkin pie and an apple/cranberry pie.  (I only had pumpkin)

After dinner, we watched football while in our food coma’s.  I was in bed by 9:30pm.  🙂

On Friday, we woke up early and I made breakfast for everyone.  Scrambled eggs, bacon and homemade home fries. Dane’s dad said he wanted to check out a furniture store for a couple of night stands.  We said we wanted to go, too, since there are a few things we still need for the house.  We were on the hunt for a table for the kitchen and a china cabinet.  We found both, but we both really liked the table, so we decided to get it.  I love it!  No more empty space!

Dane even installed the light above it!

We left the furniture store and met his parent’s at his grandma’s house.  We were going to take one car to the flea market. Dane’s dad wanted to get a couple of belts and I wanted to look for a purse.  I ended up finding a purse and a pair of sunglasses. 

After the flea market we went back to Dane’s grandma’s house to get his truck.  We headed home to unload the table and his parent’s met us there with his grandma. She wanted to take us all out of for dinner and since we didn’t have lunch, we decided to go out early to beat the crowds.  We went to River Grille and sat out on the deck.  It was so nice out!  I decided on the red fish special.  It was grilled with a delicious mustard sauce and was served with rice and a vegetable medley. 

After dinner, we came back to the house for leftover pie and brought all of the Christmas decorations in.  I was so excited to decorate!  We inherited most of Dane’s grandma’s decorations since she moved out of her house in the spring and into an apartment.  Dane warned me that the tree was small (5 ft), so his dad and him built a small table for it to sit on.  We put it together, set it up on the table and right away Dane’s dad said, “Nope, that’s not gonna work.  We need a bigger tree.” We brought that tree into another room and Dane’s mom said she would decorate it.  Dane, his dad and I were off to Lowe’s to get a bigger tree!  After staring at all of the different tree’s, we decided on one that was 7.5 ft and pre-lit.  It really does look so much better in the spot we picked out. 

The smaller tree that Dane’s mom decorated is adorable.  She used white ribbon and only white ornament’s.  I love it!  There’s also a small village lit up underneath the tree.

On Saturday, Dane and his dad were up early to play in a golf tournament. We’ve been dating almost a year and he hasn’t played once, so I know he was excited to get out there and play with his dad.  He said he did surprisingly well and had a lot of fun.  🙂

Dane’s mom and I decided we would go for a walk on the beach.  Again, it was a gorgeous fall day.  We grabbed our sunglasses, a couple of towels and we were out the door.

The tide was very high and there was a ton of seaweed along the entire beach.  We walked for a long way talking about all of the houses.  There are so many different shapes and sizes.  On the way back, we found a lot of shells.  They’re in the garage drying out, so I need to decide what I want to do with them. 

Saturday night, we had plans to meet up with a couple of friends for drinks and some college footall.  We had a great time despite the terrible Gator game.

Today has been a glorious, lazy Sunday.  I feel and sound like I may be coming down with a cold.  😦  We’ve been watching football all day.  🙂  We still have a ton of leftovers, so I suggested we make sheperds pie for dinner with the turkey, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, gravy and some veggies.

It turned out great!  We STILL have leftovers.  I think we’ll do turkey sandwiches tomorrow night with the homemade turkey soup we have and possibly turkey enchilada’s later in the week.  After that, I’m pretty sure I will be turkey’d out!

Time to have a small piece of pumpkin pie and work on my goals for the week while watching the Steelers game.

I bought this cute snowman yesterday.  (I love snowmen!)